Join us for our print competition and critique. Categories are Macro, Water and Landscape. Cash prizes awarded to the top 3 winners in each category! Our judge is Tom Simpson. During the judging, Phil Prichard will share his amazing guide to photographing the Southeast, Marcia Brandes will demo her harness system for carrying her camera hands-free and Dale Aspy will show a safety strap system that can be used on or off a tripod without removing the safety strap.
Macro – photo of a small item made larger than life.
Water – water is the focus or subject of the shot.
Landscape – water is not the primary subject of the shot.
Rules and Guidelines:
• You must be a GNPA member to enter but you do not have to have Roswell as your home chapter.
• Man-made objects should be minimal in the photo and not the subject or focus of the shot (generally less than 10% of the frame).
• Each photographer can enter up to 6 photos.
• Entry fee is $5 per photo or 3 for $10. (Please bring cash.)
• Photo must be at least 8″x10″.
• Photo must be mounted to foam board or mounted securely to a mat board. Mounting to foam board and matted is recommended.
• Photo may be on canvas or metal.
• Photo cannot be framed.
• Photo cannot have placed in a GNPA prior competition.
• Your name cannot appear on the front of the photo.
• Please label photo with your name, the category you are entering, and an arrow indicating the top of the photo on the back.
All money collected will be divided and awarded to the top 3 winners in each category.
For those of you that like to get in the head of the judge (not in his pocket!), the judge is going to be Tom Simpson, past president of GNPA. After the judging, Tom will give a critique of the winners and as many of the other photos as time allows. This is a great way to learn and grow. As a new photographer, having an experienced photographer share how he would have processed the photo or framed the subject was a very valuable lesson.
The Roswell GNPA Chapter meets monthly on the second Tuesday at the Chattahoochee Nature Center. All are welcome!
Learn and share nature photography!
Chattahoochee Nature Center (CNC)
9135 Willeo Road
Roswell, GA, US