Have you ever wanted another opinion on your photograph? What could I do differently to make this photo better?
The Smyrna Chapter of the GNPA is excited to have Joe Borris spend the evening with us providing feedback and a constructive critique of images submitted by our members.
This will be a great learning experience for all. As Joe provides feedback on each image, it will give you insight on how to look at your photos differently with an evaluative eye. Hearing a different perspective can help you make slight improvements in your shooting and post processing techniques.
All current GNPA members are encouraged to bring up to 6 printed images (no more than 3 entries per category). We invite members from all GNPA chapters to join us for this fun evening of learning and competition. We also invite guests to join us but you must be a member to enter photos in the competition.
Categories: Wildlife, Landscape, and Black & White Nature
A 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention will be selected for each category as well as a Best in Show for the overall winner.
Eligibility & Restrictions:
• Must be a current GNPA member. Visit www.gnpa.org to join!
• No restrictions on when or where the photograph was taken.
• Must have identifying label on back. Please include photographer’s name, print title and category being entered.
• Prints may be mounted on photographic-type mount board, flush or with a border, or a single mat overlay may be used. Mat color can only be black or white. No double matting or double mounting is acceptable.
• Prints shall not be signed or titled on the front.
• Maximum print size, including mount board, shall not exceed 16”x 24”. Minimum “print” size cannot be smaller than 8″x10″.
• Frames, glass, plastic cover wraps and the like are not allowed.
Our esteemed judge, Joe Borris, has been a dedicated photographer for the past 43 years, the last 36 as an Atlanta studio owner serving the U.S. advertising industry.
Shooting around the world for major corporations and advertising agencies, Joe’s passion for adventure has been continuously stoked by his travels to new destinations, to create images that capture his own sense of discovery in service to a story.
Joe served as an Adjunct Instructor of Lighting, first at the Portfolio Center and then at the Art Institute of Atlanta (as an ‘invited pro’). He has also been a guest lecturer at Creative Circus/Atlanta and various camera clubs in Georgia and Florida, and gives occasional workshops on various photographic skill sets.
Visit his website at https://www.borisphotography.com to see some of his amazing work.
Smyrna Community Center
200 Village Green Circle
Smyrna, GA, US