Georgia Nature Photographers Association (GNPA) will partner with the Chattahoochee Nature Center (CNC) and the Roswell Fine Arts Association (RFAA) for a new and unique Photo Competition and Exhibit that is to be included as part of the fall Atlanta Celebrates Photography event.
The theme is Double Vision. Twenty-four (24) images will be selected in the contest to be exhibited in the CNC lobby in Roswell, Georgia. These same images will be painted by artists from the RFAA. When brought to the CNC for hanging, the photographic image and the painted image will be hung side-by-side…thus the theme name Double Vision. There will also be a “People’s Choice Award given at a reception on September 13th.
- This Contest/Exhibit is open to all members of GNPA. If you are not a GNPA member, join today.
- There is no entry fee for this Contest/Exhibit.
- Entry for the contest will be through the GNPA Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/49391238555/) . If you are not a member of the GNPA Facebook group, please ask to join.
- Once you have joined the GNPA Facebook group, post your image in a comment to the Double Vision Contest/Exhibit thread pinned at the top of the GNPA Facebook page. Submit only one image per comment. Include the image caption plus any relevant brief details to describe your image. You may submit up to 3 entries, each in a separate comment.
- Your images will look better if they are re-sized according to Facebook guidelines. For sharing, that’s 1200 pixels on the long side.
- This Contest/Exhibit is open only to nature photography images. Images of other subjects will be excluded.
- Images may have been taken anywhere and anytime.
- Submissions may not have been previously exhibited at CNC.
- Images will be reviewed to make sure they are accurate and fit competition rules.
- Images will be judged on the basis of overall photographic excellence. Judges will be David Foster and Eric Bowles.
- Composite images are specifically not allowed. Normal post processing plus minor edits or corrections are allowed. Images should represent what was actually seen in the field.
- Contest winners will need to frame their images at their own cost in solid black frames with acrylic glazing and white mats, details to be provided later.
- Submissions received: now to June15, 2016
Winners notified: on or about June 24, 2016
A fee of $5 will be assessed to each of the 24 winners to prepare an 8X10 print that must be delivered to the CNC on or before July 1st, 2016 that will be used by the RFAA artist for painting.
- Details for framing and delivery of selected prints will be provided in July.
Guidelines and suggestions:
There are no specific guidelines for what photographs might be most suitable for an artist to paint…use your own best judgment. The artists will be assigned the photos for painting by random draw from the 24 photos selected by our judges to be hung in the CNC lobby.