Photo by: Tom Wilson
Georgia Nature Photographers Association (GNPA) and the Sierra Club of Georgia (Sierra) have partnered for a photography contest celebrating the Okefenokee Swamp, its history, and the flora and fauna that make the swamp special. There are two contests planned –one in May 2022 and a second in November 2022. This is a part of the two organization’s year-long celebration of the Okefenokee designed to bring attention to this amazing Georgia gem. The contest will be juried by Larry Winslett, Eric Bowles and Tom Wilson. The judge is Amy Gulick who was a keynote speaker at our 2019 Expo and is a well-known conservation photographer. Find out more about her at Amy Gulick Images and Stories .
The time for the first contest is finally here! Details of the contest rules are outlined on the official entry page; here are a few highlights:
- This Contest/Exhibit is open to the public.
- The entry fee for this Contest is $5 per image.
- There are 4 categories for entry – landscape, animals, plants, and people in nature.
- The photo must have been taken in the Okefenokee.
- There is no restriction on when the photo was taken.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning images in each category, along with Judge’s Choice awards.
- Prizes will be gift cards are being provided by Hunt’s Photo and Video. First Place $150.00 Gift Card, Second Place $100.00 Gift Card, Third Place $75.00 Gift Card
- The top 24 GNPA member images will be selected for the annual Double Vision exhibit at Chattahoochee Nature Center with companion paintings by members of Roswell Fine Arts Alliance. Winning Images will be featured in a gallery on the GNPA Website.
The window for entries is from May 1st through May 31st. Make sure to go to the link provided below and read all the rules and submission guidelines before submitting your photographs. Non-members of GNPA must first create a profile by providing their email address and establishing a password to enter.