Winners were announced Tuesday night, Oct. 12th for the 2021 GNPA Double Vision competition, in partnership with the Chatahoochee Nature Center (CNC) and Roswell Fine Arts Association (RFAA).
This is GNPA’s 6th annual Double Vision photo competition. The Exhibit, which is open for viewing at the CNC River Resource Gallery, in Roswell, Georgia, is once again part of the fall Atlanta Celebrates Photography event. It will hang at the CNC through December 1st.
Twenty-four photographic images were selected from the 176 submitted entries (all captured in Georgia or contiguous states). These same images were then interpreted by artists from the RFAA. For the exhibit, the photographic image and the artist’s interpretation hang side-by-side, to be viewed together…hence, the exhibit’s name: Double Vision.
Of the exhibited photographic images, the following winners were selected for special recognition:
- Best in Show (image show with this article): Thomas Yackley, Yellow Rumped Warbler
- First Place: Pamela Cather, Hide and Seek
- Second Place: Stephen Weiss, Rose Stack
- Third Place: Horace Hamilton, Abrams Falls Trailhead Bear
- Honorable Mention: Morey Gers, Hibiscus Dew Drops
- Honorable Mention: Tom Simpson, Solar Glow